Friday, July 16, 2010

First Project Landon Donation!

Melissa, my sister and I, made our very first donation of Project Landon to the Medical Center of Macon, Ga. This is the hospital where my sweet nephew past away after living for only two hours. He was born at 24 weeks and was just to small to fight. The hospital was wonderful to my sister and bother-in-law. They dressed Landon in a beautiful little blue gown with a white knitted hat and white knitted blanket. He looked just like a little angle.

Seeing how touched my sister was with Landon's clothing and how special his little blanket was to her, I wanted to do something in Landon's honor. I asked her if she would like to start Project Landon a non profit organization, to help provide comfort for other families who are suffering from a micro preemie loss. She was very happy at the idea of helping others in her son's name. By helping with Project Landon you are not only helping the families in need, but you are also helping my sister and her husband heal.

We are happy to say that there are many micro preemies that are strong enough to fight. By donating blankets and hats we are helping these tiny babies to have a fighting chance at staying warm and hopefully a full recovery. To find out more information, visit www.projectlandon.blogspot .com. You can also join us on facebook Project-Landon or visit us at Yarn Lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment